A tattoo is not as permanent as you think. At least not right away. The aftercare process is the most crucial time to preserve the quality and longevity of your tattoo. Making a mistake at this point could ruin your new tattoo during this most fragile time period. Follow these instructions implicitly to ensure that the tattoo you have for many years to come is the same tattoo you have today.
- Leave the bandage on for at least one hour. If the bandage sticks to the tattoo, soak with water and remove gently. After removing bandage, wash the area gently using antibacterial soap and cool water.
- Do not re-bandage!
- Pat dry with soft towel, paper towel or let air dry for about 1/2 hour (DO NOT rub tattoo).
- Wash your tattoo 2-3 times a day (DO NOT let the shower spray directly on the tattoo) with cool water, pat dry and apply a VERY THIN AMOUNT of A&D ointment. Do not overload your tattoo with ointment.
- After 3 days, switch to a NON FRAGRANCE lotion instead of A&D ointment.
- Keep tattoo from drying out, until ALL signs of scabbing disappear. (Usually 7-10 days) DO NOT soak tattoo in any type of water after first washing. (lakes, ponds, the ocean, saunas, pools, etc.)
- DO NOT use Vaseline on tattoo.
- DO NOT expose tattoo to direct sunlight during healing time.
- DO NOT put suntan lotion on your tattoo during healing time.
- REMEMBER: SUN DESTROYS TATTOOS
- Please use a high quality and high numbered sunscreen on tattoo any time you are in the sun to keep it looking it's best.
- DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS AND SPECIALISTS IN LOCAL BARS OR NIGHT CLUBS ETC...
- In the event you have an adverse reaction, you should contact the tattoo studio where you've gotten the ink from.
For any other questions, please contact the shop at (973) 782-4436